In general, declared value of package is lower than the tariff threshold, the package normally will not be taxed (but fraud declaration is another matter). If your package is taxed, you need to pay taxes and help clear the customs, but the probability of this situation is very small, only 0.3% of the packages have been taxed so far.
States tariff threshold reference table:
1. Canadian, European customs are strict in package inspection. Business express such as DHL, UPS, have large chance to be taxed.
2. The parcel shipped by Canada Preferential line exceeds 5kg or declared value is higher than tax exemption may be taxed and charged customs clearance fees (about US$10). The fees reflect as the cost of COD of post office. Parcels submitted after 2015.11.20 (including the day can request with Superbuy customer service for reduction of COD cost based on the receipt and picture.
Attached: a list of the various provinces of Canada tax
How to avoid paying taxes? You can refer to the following suggestions:
1. The weight of the package is the important basis for the customs to judge the package as civil parcel or commercial parcel. The package weigh over 10 kg will be considered as the commercial package, so when you submit delivery order, be sure to confirm the weight of your parcel. If you choose the DHL, you also need to consider the volume of items (The charge of DHL is confirmed by both the volume and weight of the commodity).
2. The ceiling of package weight is 30 kg. If your package is more than 30 kg, you can submit delivery order respectively, but suggested that each order cannot be more than 10 kg as well.
3. A large number of the same item can be regarded as the commercial package, too. So please avoid using the same parcel to send a lot of a single considerable product.
4. As you know, we are sorry to tell you that we cannot give you 100% guarantee that your parcel will be taxed or not.
The number of the item and the weight of the package is the important basis for customs to judge the package as civil or commercial parcel. The package which is more than 10 kg will be more likely to be seen as the commercial parcel, so when you submit delivery order, be sure to confirm the weight of your parcel. And a large number of the same item can be regarded as the commercial package, too. So please try separating the single items into different parcels.
Besides, limited by customs policy, especially food items, please be careful to send them overseas.
The above information is collected from the Internet data, only for your reference, cannot be the standard guidance.